Do you see signals that there is something wrong with your child?
Is your child facing difficulties learning a new language, does not make friends, cries frequently and does not want to go to school?
Are you new to the country? Maybe divorced or separated and concerned which country your child will live in? Do you fear that your child could be abducted?
Do you have questions about educational systems and what type of school is best for your child?
Is your child bullied?
Is low or falling academic performance affecting your child?
Has your child separated from grandparents, friends, pets, beloved places?
Your child can be helped by increasing your awareness of:
- Cultural differences, adaptation process to the new country
- Academic support, including organizational and study skills
- Goal setting for your child and decision-making in school choices
- Peer relationships, coping strategies and effective social skills
- Communication, problem-solving and conflict resolution
- Multicultural/diversity awareness
- Individual student planning of learning/homework